WHAT IS PALEO? WHAT DO YOU EAT
The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic! Research in biology, biochemistry, ophthalmology, dermatology and many other disciplines indicate it is our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats, and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility. – Robb Wolf
Okay To Eat
Nuts & Seeds
Processed Foods & Sugars
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store (shop for fresh produce and lean meats).
- Clean out your pantry (get rid of all the junk: crackers, cookies, candy, chips, etc).
- Stay ahead of your hunger! Eat often. Don’t let yourself get to the point where you are starving. If you get to that point you are more likely going to eat the first thing in sight and that’s usually not the more healthy option.
- Be prepared! Plan out your meals in advance. Have healthy snack food around the house. If you are going to work, pack a lunch with a lot of snacks plus backup snacks.
- Keep is exciting! Go to Whole Foods or Market Street and pick up something you’ve never tried before.
CROSSFIT AMMO WORKOUT ROUTINE
CrossFit is constantly varied, functional movements, at a high intensity. The words CONSTANTLY VARIED mean, nothing is ever the same. Basically, there is no routine we stick to. This applies to many things. The exercises we do, the equipment we use, the length of the AMRAP, the number of rounds done, etc. When it comes to constantly varying the WODs, that’s up to your coaches…you don’t even have to think about it. However, there is a huge aspect of CONSTANTLY VARIED that YOU have control over. For example, the number of times you come per week. We recommend all athletes first and foremost listen to their body. If you feel good, come! If your body feels tired, rest! A good goal though is to come three days in a row and then rest a day. Rest days are important and shouldn’t be overlooked. Your body needs rest…especially when you are training as hard as we do. What we don’t want to see is someone showing up Monday, Wednesday, Friday every single week at the exact same time. If you want to see more results, CHANGE IT UP! Let your body experience two or even three workouts in a row. Shock your system a little. Also, experiment with different times, if you always come in the morning, try out an evening class. See your body adjust to a different time. Ideally, we are training our bodies for life, for any situation at any given time…so, do your best to make your workout regimen constantly varied at every degree.
CONSTANTLY VARIED: THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Time of day
Number of times per week
ALWAYS listen to your body
REST! Your body needs rest days
|+ 5 Points||CrossFit Ammo WOD|
|+ 5 Points||For every intense home WOD that lasts at least 30 min|
|-10 Points||Fewer than 3 WODs a week (at CrossFit Ammo)|
You can only earn a total of 30 points a week (Your body needs a rest day)
3 of your WODs during the week MUST be done at CrossFit Ammo
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE INTENSITY OF A WOD, IT DOES NOT COUNT…THESE MUST BE INTENSE!
|+ 2 Points||Paleo meal (6 is the maximum points earned here a day)|
|+ 1 Point||Paleo Post Workout Snack within 45 min. of workout (a meal can count as this)|
|+1 Point||Paleo Snacks during the day (1 is the maximum # of points you can earn a day)|
|+1 Point||Fish Oil|
|-2 Points||Non Paleo Meal (anything in your meal that’s not paleo counts)|
|-1 Point||No Post Workout Snack|
|-2 Point||Alcoholic Beverages (Each one is -2 points)|
MOST POINTS EARNED A DAY IS: 17
MOST POINTS EARNED WEEKLY ARE: 113
|+ 2 Points||80 oz. or more of water a day|
|0 Points||Less than 80 oz. of water a day|
|+ 1 Point||7-8 hours of sleep a night|
|+ 1 Point||Pictures Before|
|+ 1 Point||Pictures After|
|+1 Point||Weight Before|
|+1 Point||Weight After|
|+1 Point||Benchmark Before|
|+1 Point||Benchmark After|
|+1 Point||Goal Sheet|
|+1 Point||Paleo Exchange|
|+1 Point||Measurements Before|
|+1 Point||Measurements After|
*If you turn in your goal sheet at the end of the challenge you will earn a total of 10 extra points! Those points will be added onto your final total. This could separate 1st place from 10th place, but more importantly will allow you to see your progress!*
Things To Do Before The Challenge Starts
- Take measurements: arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs
- Take “Before Pictures”: Front, back, side, and flexing (Wear as little clothes as possible. A swimming suit is great)
- Weigh yourself (DO NOT WEIGH AGAIN UNTIL THE END OF THE CHALLENGE)
- Complete the Goals Sheet! This will be emailed to all those that sign up for the challenge. You will complete it, and turn it in at the end of the challenge. (Accountability and a focus baby!!!)
- Plan your meals! Go to the grocery store. Be Prepared!!! (Or order some meals from Primal Skillet)
- Clean out your pantry: Get rid of all the things that might tempt you
- Remind yourself that it’s just 30 days! YOU can do it…no, you WILL do it. The power of thinking…
Health and Wellness Winners!
- There will be a $25 buy-in
- START DATE: February 1 (12am) END DATE: March 1nd (9pm)
- Post Points on our website every week on Sunday night before 9pm (points will include a total of 7 days). Every week, everyone starts back at zero points! YOU MUST POST YOUR POINTS TO KEEP YOUR NAME IN THE DRAWING!! This is how we will hold each other accountable. Accountability, support, and encouragement are huge during this challenge!!
- THE OVERALL WINNER…The top 4 people with the most points at the end of the challenge will be put in a drawing. The first name drawn will win a 2-month membership to Ammo and the second name drawn will win a 1-month membership to AMMO!
- The point system restarts every Monday
- All participants names will be added to our “Health and Wellness” Drawing. Every few days, a name will be drawn live on the “AMMO CAM”. If your name is drawn, you will get to chose from the MAKE HEALTHY CHOICES Table. The choices include:
- Driven Nutrition: Nutrition Package (Value: $100)
- Kill Cliff: Fuel Package (Value: $100)
- Top Spa Dallas: Facial Package ($225)
- Elite Cryo-Frisco: Body Maintenance Package ($195)
- Diana Snider Massage Therapist: Massage Package ($450)
- Nora Perez Salon: Hair Treatment Package ($100)
- Hylete: New Workout Clothes ($200)
- Primal Skillet: Nutrition Package ($200)
- Fuzzy’s: Gift Cards ($40)
- Mayra: Famous Green Salsa
- Airrosti: Mobility Package ($30)
- And a bunch of other goodies!!!
A BIG THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS who donated their services to show their support for all your hard work in making healthy choices!