WHAT IS PALEO? WHAT DO YOU EAT
The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic! Research in biology, biochemistry, ophthalmology, dermatology and many other disciplines indicate it is our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats, and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility. – Robb Wolf
Okay To Eat
Nuts & Seeds
Processed Foods & Sugars
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store (shop for fresh produce and lean meats).
- Clean out your pantry (get rid of all the junk: crackers, cookies, candy, chips, etc).
- Stay ahead of your hunger! Eat often. Don’t let yourself get to the point where you are starving. If you get to that point you are more likely going to eat the first thing in sight and that’s usually not the more healthy option.
- Be prepared! Plan out your meals in advance. Have healthy snack food around the house. If you are going to work, pack a lunch with a lot of snacks plus backup snacks.
- Keep is exciting! Go to Whole Foods or Market Street and pick up something you’ve never tried before.
CROSSFIT AMMO WORKOUT ROUTINE
CrossFit is constantly varied, functional movements, at a high intensity. The words CONSTANTLY VARIED mean, nothing is ever the same. Basically, there is no routine we stick to. This applies to many things. The exercises we do, the equipment we use, the length of the AMRAP, the number of rounds done, etc. When it comes to constantly varying the WODs, that’s up to your coaches…you don’t even have to think about it. However, there is a huge aspect of CONSTANTLY VARIED that YOU have control over. For example, the number of times you come per week. We recommend all athletes first and foremost listen to their body. If you feel good, come! If your body feels tired, rest! A good goal though is to come three days in a row and then rest a day. Rest days are important and shouldn’t be overlooked. Your body needs rest…especially when you are training as hard as we do. What we don’t want to see is someone showing up Monday, Wednesday, Friday every single week at the exact same time. If you want to see more results, CHANGE IT UP! Let your body experience two or even three workouts in a row. Shock your system a little. Also, experiment with different times, if you always come in the morning, try out an evening class. See your body adjust to a different time. Ideally, we are training our bodies for life, for any situation at any given time…so, do your best to make your workout regimen constantly varied at every degree.
CONSTANTLY VARIED: THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Time of day
Number of times per week
ALWAYS listen to your body
REST! Your body needs rest days